As the presidency of the BRICS countries in 2022, China has successfully held a number of BRICS “China Year” themed activities. Following the successful holding of the three BRICS Future Network Innovation Forums from 2019 to 2021, in order to continue to promote the implementation of the BRICS new industrial revolution partnership and promote practical cooperation in the BRICS information and communication field, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China and the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government have held The 2022 Digital BRICS Forum on 7 July 2022.
The forum was organized by China Academy of Information and Communication Technology, Industry and Information Technology Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality, China Branch of BRICS Institute of Future Networks.
Several officials spoke at the Opening Ceremony:
- H.E. Zhang Yunming, Vice Minister, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China
- H.E. Zheng Hongbo, Vice Mayor of Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government
- H.E. Khumbudzo Ntshavhebi, Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies of South Africa
- H.E. Siyabonga C. Cwele, Ambassador of South Africa to China
- H.E. Paulo Estivallet de Mesquita, Ambassador of Brazil to China
- H.E. Andrey Denisov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the People’s Republic of China
- Andrei Zhivov, Deputy Director General, Department of Mass Communications and International Cooperation, Ministry of Digital Development and Mass Media of Russia
- Shri К Shakya, DDG (IR), Department of Telecom, Government of India
- H.E. Zhao Houlin, Secretary General of International Telecommunication Union
The keynote speakers of the Main Forum were:
- Yu Shaohua, Academician, Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE)
- Philip Yang, Senior Fellow, Brazilian Center for International Relations (CEBRI)
- Yu Xiaohui, President, China Academy of Information and Communications Technology
The keynote speeches to the Digital Transformation of Industries and Best Practices Forum were the following:
- Digital literacy framework: BRICS approach – Alexandra Morozkina, Director, Structural Reform Division, Economic Expert Group (EEG) of Russia
- Outlook on the Development of Standardization of Digital Technology in BRICS Countries – Wang Zhiqin, Vice Chair of BIFNC Council and Vice Chair of CCSA Council
- Facilitating Digital Transformation of Government through Cloud Computing Technology – Luvuyo Keyise, Executive Caretaker, the State IT Agency (SITA) of South Africa
- Indian Case Sharing: Digitalization Program of SANY India – He Dongdong, CEO of Rootcloud technology CO., LTD
- Sharing of Technical Research on Digital Transformation in India – Rajnish Sharma, Associate Vice President of Infosys LTD
- Russian Case Sharing: COSMO project in Washing Machine Factory – Xie Haiqin, Deputy General Manager, Haier COSMOPlat
- Digital Journey Innovate Together – Steve Mannen, Managing Director, URBEM-VOTORANTIM-INSPUR
- Indian Case Sharing: Digital Factory of TCL CSOT in India – Cai Cong, President, Gechuang Dongzhi (Shenzhen) Technology Co., Ltd.
- Brazilian Case Sharing: 5G Smart Logistics in Huawei Brazil – Emerson de Oliveira, Director, Brazil Supply Chain Logistics Dept., Huawei
- Brazilian Case Sharing: Unmanned and Intelligent Services of Construction Equipment Overseas – Huang Kai, CTO, XCMG Hanyun Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Indian Case Sharing: OCSMARTER Smart Energy and Carbon Management System – Yan Baolei, CEO, Ocsmarter
- South African Case Sharing: Smart Public Transport Solutions in South Africa – Liu Nan, Deputy General Manager, Xiamen Lenz Communications Co., Ltd.
- Community Networks: Alternative Strategies for Sustainable Expansion of Connectivity – Luca Belli, Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) Law School; Senka Hadzic, Senior Fellow at Research ICT Africa, CyberBRICS Fellow
- Digital Economy Country Assessment as a Managing Tool for Digital Development: International and Russian Experience – Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the Board, Institute of the Information Society