This page contains the information about the accomplishments in the Information Society development, for which the IIS Diploma is awarded, and lists our own achievements for the Russian Society.
In 1999, the IIS Board of Directors instituted a special award, a Diploma “For Major Contributions to the Information Society Development in Russia”. The Diploma has been awarded to the following people and organizations:
- Yasen N. Zassoursky – Professor, Dean of the Journalism Department of the Lomonosov Moscow State University (1999)
- Leonid D. Reyman – Minister of the Russian Federation for Communications and Informatization (2001)
- Dmitry S. Chereshkin – Professor, Full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Vice-President of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences; Head of Lab at the Institute of Systems Analysis of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Member of the IIS Board of Directors (2001)
- Stepan V. Orlov – Deputy of the Moscow City Duma, coordinator of the work of Moscow City Duma on Information, Informatization, Telecommunication, and Television; Chairman of the IIS Supervisory Board (2001)
- Research and Education Network FREEnet (2001)
- Journalism Department of the Lomonosov Moscow State University (2002)
- Boris V. Kristal’ny – Advisor of the Committee on Information Policy and Communications of State Duma (Parliament) of the Russian Federation; Member of the IIS Board of Directors (2002)
- Moscow Telecommunications Corporation (COMCOR) (2002)
- Vladimir A. Tartakovsky – Full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Director of the Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2002)
- Evgeny V. Semenov – Professor, General Director of the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation (2002)
- Konstantin V. Vetrov – Deputy of the State Duma (Parliament) of the Russian Federation, Head of the State Duma Committee on Information Policy and Communications (2002)
- Yuri E. Hohlov – Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors; Head of the Moscow City Duma Public Expert Council on Information Society development (2004)
- Alexander M. Elizarov – Director of the N.G. Chebotarev Research Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of the Kazan State University; member of the IIS Board of Directors (2005)
- Olga N. Vershinskaya – Chief Specialist of the Institute Socio-Economic Studies of Population of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Head of the IIS Directorate of Social and Economic Programs (2005)
- Sergey B. Shaposhnik – Head of the Center of Computer Telecommunications of the N.I. Vavilov Institute for the History of Science and Technology of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Head of IIS Directorate of Monitoring Information Society Development (2005)
- Victor V. Stroganov – General Director of K-Technologies company, Deputy General Director – IIS Executive Director (2007)
- Tatiana V. Ershova – IIS General Director (2008)
- Rafael M. Yusupov – Director of the Saint Petersburg Institute of Informatics and Automation, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2009)
On February 9, 2015 Tatiana Ershova, IIS General Director and Editor-in-chief of the Information Society journal published by IIS, received gratitude from the Minister of Information Society Development of the Kaluga region D.O. Razumovsky for the work on publishing the journal.
On November 27, 2014 Tatiana Ershova, IIS General Director received gratitude from the Governor of the Yaroslavl region S.N. Yastrebov for assistance in holding the V International Forum of Practitioners “Innovation. Business. Education: New Instruments for Enhancing the Competitiveness of Regions”, which took place on November 13-14, 2014 in Yaroslavl.
On June 18, 2014 Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, was awarded with a highest industry title “Master of Communications” and was presented with a breastplate.
On November 22, 2013 Deputy Governor of Yaroslavl region, Chairman of the organizing committee of the 4th International Forum of Experts “Innovations. Business. Education” (21-22 November, 2013, Yaroslavl) expressed gratitude to Tatiana Ershova, Director General of the Institute of the Information Society, and to Alexander Evtyushkin, Head of Directorate of Perspective Projects, for support and active participation in organization and conduction of the Forum.
On November 1, 2013 Tatiana Ershova, IIS General Director, was awarded with a highest industry title “Master of Communications” and was presented with a breastplate.
On November 28, 2011 Yury Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, received a commendation for cooperation and support provided to the Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI), which is a modern academic complex, whose activities aimed at solving innovation challenges, which were set before the system of Russian education by the President of RF, Government of RF and all Russian society.
On July 1, 2011 the Council for the Development of the Information Society under the President of RF awarded the Institute of the Information Society with a creativity competition laureate diploma for participating in an exhibition “Best Solutions in the Sphere of Regional Informatization” in the category “e-Culture”, which was held in the course of the 8th Tver Social and Economic Forum “Information Society” (June 30 – July 01, 2011, Tver).
On December 30, 2010 Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, received a commendation from the Administration of the President of RF for professional preparation and successful organization of the 5th Forum of Artistic and Academic Intelligentsia of CIS countries on the topic “Innovative and Humanitarian Partnership – Basis of Dynamic Development of CIS countries” (October 14-15, 2010, Moscow).
On July 9, 2010 Dmitry Zelenin, Governor of Tver Region, expressed gratitude to Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, for dedicated work and huge personal contribution to preparation and successful organization of the 7th Tver Social and Economic Forum “Information Society” (July 7-9, 2010, Tver).
On December 10, 2009, IIS was commended by an official letter from the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation for professionalism and efficient organization of the International Seminar “Russia – EU: Signs on the Road Map of Cultural Cooperation” (Moscow, 8 December 2009)
On July 10, 2009 Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, was preconized by the Governor of Tver Region for considerable and personal contribution to organization and realization of the VI Tver Social and Economic Forum “Information Society”.
In July 2009 the organizing committee of the “E-Learning @ Russia” conference awarded Yuri Hohlov, Chairman of the IIS Board of Directors, a badge of honor “For Integration of E-Learning@Russsia to the Information Society”.
In January 2007 the Commission on Municipal Economy and Housing Policy sent to the Institute of the Information Society a letter of appreciation on behalf of the Moscow City Duma to express gratitude for valuable contribution to the Information Society development in Moscow and its integration with the global Information Society, for creating conditions for efficient communication between Moscow public authorities and municipal entities, for development of competitive environment in the information and communication market of the city, and for advancing information resources, technologies, infrastructure and services in the city of Moscow.
In January 2006 the Moscow City Duma (Council) directed letters of gratitude for cooperation and significant contribution to the Information Society development in Moscow to the following representatives of the Institute: Olga Vershinskaya – Head of Directorate of Social and Economic Programs; Alexander Yevtiushkin – Head of Directorate of Innovative and Investment Programs; Tatiana Ershova – General Director, Head of e-Development Directorate; Yuri Hohlov – Chairman of the Board of Directors, Director of Regional Programs and Head of Directorate of Informatics Programs; Dmitry Chereshkin – Director of Information Policy Programs; Sergey Shaposhnik – Head of Directorate of Monitoring Information Society Development; and Mikhail Yakushev – Director of Legislative Programs.
On December 17, 2004 Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute of the Information Society Yuri E. Hohlov was elected as an acting member of the RussianEngineeringAcademy in the section “Information Systems, Computing and Electronic Technology, and Telecommunications”.
On December 17, 2003 at the “Electronic Moscow – 2003” conference the Institute of the Information Society received the award of the MoscowCity Duma for the achievements in improving the community life.
On May 30, 2002 the Information Society Journal published by the Institute was awarded a Diploma of the VII All-Russian Mass Media Festival “All Russia – 2002” in the nomination “Scientific Publications Dedicated to the Issues of Media-society”.
In January 2002 the Moscow City Duma (Council) announced their appreciation for the significant contribution to the work on the Public Expert Council directed at creating the legislative base enabling Russia to become a leading member of the Information Society to the following representatives of the Institute: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Head of Informatics Programs and Director of the Moscow office Yuri Hohlov, Head of the Directorate of Informational and Socio-Economic Programs Olga Vershinskaya, General Director Tatiana Ershova, Head of the Directorate of Legal Programs Boris Kristal’ny, Head of the Directorate of Telecommunication Programs Andrey Mendkovich, Head of the Directorate on Information Technologies in Political Science Peter Meshkov, Head of the Directorate of Information Policy Programs Dmitry Chereshkin, and to the Head of Legal Directorate Mikhail Yakushev.
On December 10, 2001 the Organizing Committee of the International Forum “World Experience and the Russian Economy” and International Union of Economists (IUE) awarded a Diploma entitled “International Recognition” to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute Yuri Hohlov and the General Director of the Institute Tatiana Ershova for their valuable contribution to Russia’s economic development based on applying leading international experience related to implementing of modern methods of organizing management, economic, financial, and production processes.
In November 2001, the Institute of the Information Society was awarded a diploma for substantial contribution to development of the scientific and educational computer network FREEnet.
On March 20, 2001 the organizing committee of the All-Russian conference “Future of Russia – Creating the Information Society of the 21st Century awarded a diploma entitled “Gold Standard” for significant contribution to implementing the state efforts towards developing informatization in the Russian Federation to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute Yuri Hohlov and the General Director of the Institute Tatiana Ershova.