On March 3, 2022, an extraordinary meeting of the technical committee for standardization “Artificial Intelligence” was held. The meeting was held in online format (see video).
The main issue submitted for consideration by the chairman of TC 164 (S.V. Garbuk) was bringing the composition and structure of the Committee into line with GOST R 1.1-2020. During the preliminary discussion, it was decided to complete the activities of the working groups (WG 01 “Fundamental standards”; WG 03 “Quality of artificial intelligence systems”; WG 04 “Applied technologies of artificial intelligence”; WG 05 “Artificial intelligence in education”), and also adjusted composition of subcommittee members (SC 01 “Artificial Intelligence in Health Care”, SC 02 “Data” and SC 03 “Artificial Intelligence in Transport”).
Another important issue on the agenda was the updating of the Perspective Standardization Program “Artificial Intelligence” for 2021-2024. Currently, working groups have been formed in three sectors: healthcare, transport and education. They will have to build roadmaps for the development of AI standards for these industries.
Also during the meeting, a report was heard from the responsible secretary of TC 164 Olga Mironova on the results of the work of the Committee for 2021 and plans for 2022. In addition, the meeting was attended by:
- Specialist of TC 164 secretariat T.V. Tolstunova with a report on the new provision on TC 164 and standard provisions on subcommittees;
- Deputy Director for Research, Scientific and Practical Clinical Center for Diagnostics and Telemedicine Technologies of the Moscow City Health Department, Deputy Chairman of TC 164 / PK 01 “Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare” A.V. Vladzimirsky with a report on the special working group on updating the Perspective Standardization Program in the priority area “Artificial Intelligence” for 2021-2024 (hereinafter referred to as the Perspective Standardization Program) in the field of healthcare, as well as on the results of the work of TC 164 / PC 01 for 2021 and plans work for 2022;
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute of the Information Society, Chairman of TC 164 / PK 02 Yu.E. Hohlov with a report on the results of the work of TC 164 / PK 02 “Data” for 2021 and work plans for 2022;
- Director of the Academy of Intelligent Transport Systems in the Automobile and Road Complex of the Russian University of Transport (MIIT), Chairman of TC 164 / PC 03 “Artificial Intelligence in Transport” S.V. Zhankaziev with a report on the special working group on updating the Perspective Standardization Program in the transport industry, as well as the work plans of TC 164 / PC 03 for 2022;
- First Vice-Rector of Volgograd State University V.A. Dziedik with a report on a special working group on updating the Perspective Program for Standardization in Education;
- Representative of National Technologies LLC O.V. Nikolaenko with a proposal to establish a procedure for considering applications for membership in TC 164 and to send for familiarization to member organizations of TC 164 the protocols of voting on draft national standards.
Members of TC 164 and representatives of interested organizations were able to ask questions to experts, receive up-to-date information on the work of the Committee, and also develop a common position on the agenda.
Among the experts who participated in the meeting was V.V. Padzhev, director of legal programs at the Institute of the Information Society.
Source: Press service of TC 164